Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The U.S. Constitution and Taxation

I do not remember when in public school I first learned about the Articles of Confederation. But I remember what I was taught. The document was too weak. In order to have a functioning society, a new document was needed: the United States Constitution. This seemed reasonable. In fact, I did not even question it. I was a believer in the U.S. Constitution. I remained a believer throughout high school and most of college. Then I grew up.


The U.S. Constitution was written by slave-owners. I never signed or agreed to it and neither has anybody living today. People forget, or too easily gloss over these truths. They ignore what the main purpose of the U.S. Constitution was. It gave a group of people called congress the right to take money by force. If I were to write it today, everyone would rightly ignore it or consider it a threat. It is a document which could only be taken seriously because of the primitive time period.

It is no wonder why a government school lead me to believe in the rightness of the constitution. Whether they are right or wrong, winners write history. When winners are wrong, their version of history is more propaganda than objective facts. I had hundreds of years of propaganda thrown at me as a child. Somehow, U.S. history has taught people that theft can be noble. In reality, noble people do not steal.

If somebody were to point a gun at me and say, “Give me your wallet,” I would give it to him. Now, as reasonable people, what can we expect this thief to do with my money? Let us say that he uses the money to buy security equipment for my home. This is what the government wants us to believe – that this is a realistic outcome of being mugged. Even if it were realistic, it would be much more rational and moral if he just asked me for money to provide security. He, of course, would have to compete with other people trying to provide me with security. This is why the government has to resort to force, because they are not good enough to compete.

Every function of government is done with money that is taken by force. It is no surprise to find that the government spends so much of its time stealing, harassing, arresting nonviolent people and putting them in cages, and killing foreigners. There cannot be a good result from theft. The government is no different from a mugger on the street, they just have a better marketing team.

We do not need to base society on the long-ago writings of slave-owners. Taxation is theft. The U.S. Constitution does not make theft acceptable. It is important to know that.

3 comments:

  1. Great post!

    You clearly don't like the constitution, but what do you think about the 4th amendment. I don't like the main body of the constitution, nor do I like most amendments, but there are some that have helped to preserve freedom.

    I'd really like to hear someone else's thoughts on this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt the constitution could be much worse. But with something like the 4th amendment, the only reason it preserves freedom is because the constitution is viewed as wholly legitimate. It is almost insulting that people actually wrote down the fourth amendment, or any of the Bill of Rights for that matter. Think about the mindset you would have to be in to tell people, "Hey, we get to steal your money, but we won't unreasonably search and seize your belongings."

      All genuinely free people already know that nobody has the right to unreasonably search and seize their belongings. The founding fathers might as well have wrote down "murder is bad."

      Delete
  2. What 4th amendment? It does not protect you from a random DUI checkpoint, or from having blood forcibly drawn if you don't comply with it in some states.

    It doesn't really protect cell phone privacy as everyone reported a few weeks ago either. That's because the cops simply can seize your phone and then wait a bit for the warrant.

    How about home invasions? Nope not much help there either. If the cops suspect you have drugs, they're coming in.

    ReplyDelete